- Cabot Shores – Dr. Paul and Barbara welcome adventure travelers, cyclists and vacationers to, Cabot Shores, on the Cabot Trail of Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
- Four Mile Beach Inn – An historic inn with old world charm, beautiful ocean & mountain views, walk a premier beach, or enjoy a mountain hike. Full buffet breakfast.
- Hines Ocean View Lodge – Located on a mountain overlooking Meat Cove, Hines Ocean View Lodge offers guests a serene setting with incredible ocean views. Guests can sit back and relax, watch whales in the ocean below and eagles flying above in the clear blue sky all from our spacious open deck
- Burton’s Sunset Oasis – Nestled on a slope at the end of the village of Bay St. Lawrence you will find Burton’s Sunset Oasis Motel overlooking the beaming sunset as it disappears behind the rolling mountains to the west
- Hideaway Campground and Oyster Market – Offers a 40 site campground including 10 sites with electricity, 5 camping cabins (including one Lighthouse Replica Cabin), a summer home and a oyster market. Each site has an average of 1000 feet of space
- Meat Cove Camping – If you are looking for a bit of rugged outdoor camping at the Northern tip of Cape Breton then come to Meat Cove Campground
- The Markland – Right by beach in Dingwall, the Markland is a wonderful place to stay with many onsite events happening throughout the summer
Places to eat
- Aspy Bay Oysters – Is an Oyster Market serving world famous Apsy Bay Oysters, Northern Cape Breton lobsters and Atlantic Canadian Snow Crab!
- The Bay Cafe – Located in beautiful Bay St. Lawrence, The Bay Cafe caters to both locals and visitors. Be sure to try their famous chowder
- Meat Cove Chowder Hut – A part of the famous Meat Cove Campground, the Chowder Hut in Meat Cove is a wonderful place to eat with a spectacular view.
- The Markland – Make your reservations early because the staff at the Markland’s focused menu offers an authentic Cape Breton dining experience.
Adventures & Activities
- Cabot Trail Adventures – Offers whale watching packages with Oshan Whale Watch. With over 25 years experience, enjoy a variety of informative, guided adventures with Sea Spray ranging from hiking, cycling, paddle boards, and kayaking.
- Mountain Pine Adventures – Guided tours, gourmet adventures, zip-lines, camping, kayaking and paddle boards.
Arts & Culture
- Arts North – Is unique among shops located amidst the spectacular scenery of the world famous Cabot Trail. Everything displayed for purchase at Arts North is made on Cape Breton, and is chosen for inclusion in the Arts North collection by a jury of professional crafts persons
- The North Highlands Community Museum – Celebrates the history and culture of northernmost Cape Breton Island” by featuring presentations from local historians, and information on local weather, events, shipwrecks, lighthouses plus more! Oshan Whale Watch is proud to partner with the Museum in its summer camp program.
- Top of the Island Festivals – A listing of celebrated festivals, including Cabot’s Landing day, seafood festivals and musical festivals, throughout the Northern Cape Breton, Nova Scotia region.
Oshan Whale Watch
3347 Bay St. Lawrence Road, Bay St. Lawrence, Cabot Trail North, Victoria County, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada. B0C 1R0
© 1998-2022 Oshan Whale Watch. All Rights Reserved.
Spectacular and Somber Sightings, August 2022
Spectacular and Somber Sightings, August 2022 August whale watching sightings returned to form and were fantastic as the pilot whales showed up in their traditional numbers. Why? To put it simply, in July we didn’t get the weather for whale watching, but in August we...
The Coastline in July 2022
Lack of whales in July 2022, but the Highland Coastline is inspiring.
2021 Whale Watching: What a Great Run!
Oshan Whale Watch has finished the 2021 whale watching season. We had a great time whale watching and met lots of people who we hope to see again. It was fabulous to see returning customers some who come back every year, and some who came back for the first time in a...
2021 Season Opener
The 2021 Oshan Whale Watch Test Run.
2020 Whale Watching Season Finale
Oshan Whale Watch’s 2020 pandemic experience: whale watching, but with less people!
Whale Watching During a Pandemic
Oshan Whale Watch, located at the top of Cape Breton Nova Scotia, is making safety a top priority during the pandemic.